Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal based in California with experience providing support to attorneys that work in transactional practices. If you have more than 5 years of experience as a paralegal, are highly familiar working in cloud-based legal software that enables remote work, and thrive in a work-from-home environment, we want to hear from you!
Equivity matches clients with virtual assistants that provide paralegal, administrative, and marketing support. We are currently seeking a virtual paralegal experienced and qualified to work in California with a thorough knowledge of supporting a transactional practice, including managing cap tables, preparing corporate filings, and creating closing binders.
The position will require between 15 and 20 hours of work per week on average, with the possibility of moving up towards 30 hours per week during busy times. Because we provide highly attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications during the business day within one hour by email, phone, and text.
The ideal candidate will be very technologically adept, particularly with technology that facilitates remote work with law firms. In particular, the candidate should have experienced formatting and preparing documents in Word, preparing documents from templates, utilizing practice management software, and be knowledgeable about mechanisms for securely transmitting documents to preserve confidentiality. We are a growing business and we are looking for a paralegal who is excited to partner with us to help grow this aspect of our business. Pay is $20.00/hour. You would be hired as a part-time employee of Equivity, not an independent contractor.
Qualities we are looking for:
· Attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work independently with limited oversight
· Bachelor’s degree
· Qualified as a paralegal in California
· 5+ years working as a paralegal, specifically with transactional experience
· Experience supporting a transactional practice, including managing cap tables, preparing corporate filings, creating closing binders, and creating transactional documents from templates
· Experience creating documents in MS Word and Adobe
· Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM - 6 PM Pacific Time, Monday – Friday
· Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
· Quiet location in which to take phone calls