Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal based on the West Coast with experience providing support to attorneys in family law practices. If you have more than 5 years of experience as a paralegal, are highly familiar working in cloud-based legal software that enables remote work, and thrive in a work-from-home environment, we want to hear from you!
Equivity matches clients with virtual assistants that provide paralegal, administrative, and marketing support. We are currently seeking a virtual paralegal on the West Coast with a thorough knowledge of supporting a family law practice, including preparing forms and spreadsheets, and running conflicts checks.
The position will require between 15 and 20 hours of work per week on average, with the possibility of moving up towards 30 hours per week during busy times. Because we provide highly attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications during the business day within one hour by email, phone, and text.
The ideal candidate will be very technologically adept, particularly with technology that facilitates remote work with law firms. In particular, the candidate should have experience formatting and preparing documents in Word, creating spreadsheets in Excel, utilizing forms, preparing documents from templates, utilizing practice management software, and be knowledgeable about mechanisms for securely transmitting documents to preserve confidentiality. We are a growing business and we are looking for a paralegal who is excited to partner with us to help grow this aspect of our business. Pay is $18.50/hour. You would be hired as a part-time employee of Equivity, not an independent contractor.
Qualities we are looking for:
· Attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work independently with limited oversight
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years working as a paralegal, specifically with family law experience
· Experience creating and formatting documents in MS Word and converting documents to PDF format in Adobe
· Experience creating spreadsheets in Excel
· Experience running conflict checks
· Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM - 6 PM Pacific Time, Monday – Friday
· Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
· Quiet location in which to take phone calls