Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal with recent experience supporting attorneys in a transactional law practice. We are looking for paralegals with at least three years of experience in corporate law, including drafting and reviewing contracts and forming and maintaining business entities. If you have recent (within the last six months) experience supporting a diverse array of transactional practices and have previously assisted attorneys remotely, we want to hear from you!
Virtual paralegals at Equivity develop a portfolio of clients supporting a number of different attorneys. We are currently seeking a virtual paralegal with at least three years of experience specifically in transactional work. Experience with securities and mergers and acquisitions would be a plus, including drafting corporate and stock/asset purchase agreements, and handling securities and Blue Sky filings. Experience with commercial real estate transactions or Chapter 11 bankruptcy would be helpful as well. The ideal candidate will be very technologically adept and have excellent Word, Outlook, Google Docs, and Adobe skills. In addition, the candidate should have experience working with cloud-based practice management software, such as Clio or PC Law.
More about our company:
Equivity matches clients with virtual assistants that provide long-term paralegal, administrative and marketing support. Our virtual paralegals work with a high degree of autonomy and are responsible for developing lasting relationships with our clients. Because we provide extremely attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications throughout the business day (Monday through Friday, 9am – 6pm Eastern or Central Time Zone) within one hour by email, phone, and text. You should also be available to complete tasks and work on projects during the business day. All of this work is done remotely, meaning that you can work from home.
The selected candidate would be hired as a part-time employee (W2) of Equivity, not an independent contractor (1099). We are looking for somebody who has at least 20 hours per week of availability, and the starting pay is $20 per hour. We are a growing business and are looking for a virtual paralegal who is excited to partner with us and is interested in a long-term role with our company.
Qualities we are looking for:
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently with limited oversight
Equivity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Equivity is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Equivity are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national original, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Equivity will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3+ years of recent experience working as a paralegal in a corporate or transactional practice
• Experience review and drafting contracts
• Experience creating and maintaining corporate entities
• Excellent writing skills
• Experience using practice management software, preferably Clio, PC Law, or Serengeti
• Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM - 6 PM, Monday – Friday (Eastern or Pacific Time Zone)
• Experience using law firm bookkeeping software for invoicing and timekeeping
• Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
• Quiet location in which to take phone calls
Any of these additional qualifications would be a plus:
• Experience handling mergers and acquisitions
• Experience handling securities and Blue Sky filings
• Experience with commercial real estate transactions
• Experience with IP licenses
• Experience with chapter 11 bankruptcy